List of 25 Best Canadian Schools in Dubai (2020 Fees)
Dubai’s diverse population calls for a number of private schools in Dubai which offer a wide range of curricula to students of over 187 different nationalities.
There are 194 private schools in Dubai with a total of 281,432 students according to the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). Canadian curriculum is just one among 17 types of school curricula in Dubai which includes UAE Ministry of Education, British (IGCSE), Indian (CBSE), American, International Baccalaureate (IB), Iranian, French, Filipino, Pakistani, SABIS, IAT, German, Russian, and Japanese.
Overview of the Canadian curriculum
The British Columbia - Canadian curriculum is set by the Ministry of Education in British Columbia, Canada and focuses on the following principles:
Develop a Love of Learning
2020欧洲杯体育官网Along with pursuit of the truth, students are encouraged to have an open mind and intellectual honesty.
The curriculum acknowledges that every child has different learning styles and growth rates. The Canadian curriculum encourages students to be actively learning and develop their own sense of voice.
Development of Character
The goals of the Canadian curriculum is to let students succeed in an environment where their character and self also grows. The curriculum helps students develop virtues such as cooperation, tolerance, honestly, social responsibility, leadership, respect, and self-discipline. These are essential for students to develop as a whole person.
Excellence and Rigor
Honing every student’s potential is the main aim of the Canadian curriculum.
2020欧洲杯体育官网Critical thinking is an essential skill that children must have nowadays. Canadian curriculum teaching methods encourage students to practice critical thinking.
Some facts about the Canadian curriculum:
- According to the International Schools Consultancy, there are 328 international schools around the world which offer a Canadian curriculum education. Canadian schools offer the International Baccalaureate programmes, while some provide a mix of both.
- School starts with kindergarten at five or Grade 1 at six to the end of Grade 12 at 18. School year usually starts from September to June. Schools are normally divided into elementary schools, from kindergarten to Grade 5, middle schools from grades 6 to 8 and high schools, covering grades 9 to 12.
- International schools will align themselves with the curriculum of a particular province in Canada because there’s no national curriculum in Canada. The curriculum focuses in maths, English and science, supplemented with the arts, social studies, technology and physical education.
- Students studying the Canadian curriculum discusses the culture and language of the host country’s culture and language. In Middle school, these core subjects continue but has a degree of specialization.
- Students from Grade 9 - 12 will study a diploma (high school / secondary) depending on which province’s programme the school follows. There’s a variety of academic and applied courses in grades 9 and 10. It has varying levels of courses in grades 11 and 12, which depends on students’ ability and aptitude.
- Students can take compulsory and optional course. They will be required to pass a literacy test and community service. Upon receiving this diploma, they will be qualified for university education. Some schools offer Canadian curriculum for a specific time. They can study the Canadian curriculum for up to a certain grade, and then take the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum from Grade 9 onwards.
- The Canadian curriculum aims to provide students with an education that is still rigorous, but also flexible and innovative. The Canadian curriculum aims to give students the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to succeed in today’s modern world.
- The curriculum aim to ensure teachers can deliver the curriculum efficiently and effectively. With the new Canadian curriculum system, teachers have more time and flexibility to explore topics in depth with students.
- The new Canadian curriculum also ensures students get the skills they need to succeed in our changing world, and making sure that teachers can deliver the curriculum efficiently and effectively. The Canadian curriculum is designed to develop cognition quality among students by guiding them to their natural environment and their changing social order. Core subjects including language arts, mathematics, and science are more important than other subjects such as music, visual arts, and physical education.
2020欧洲杯体育官网Below is a list of the top Canadian curriculum schools in the UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah) to help parents find the best one near them.