With a population of 263.51 million, the Republic of Indonesia is a unitary sovereign state and transcontinental country located mainly in Southeast Asia with some territories in Oceania. It holds the title as the world's largest island country, with more than seventeen thousand island. Indonesia is considered the world's fourth most populous country, as well as the most populous Muslim-majority country.
Facts about education in Indonesia
- There are public and private universities in Indonesia. Most universities are privately-held.
- Public and private universities are governed by the Ministry of National Education in Indonesia
- There are around 3,000 higher education institutions in Indonesia and about 6,000 international students studying in Indonesia every year.
- Most international students come from Malaysia, a neighboring country of Indonesia.
- Before students can enter a university in Indonesia, they must pass the nationwide entrance examination (SNMPTN and SBMPTN).
- The University of Indonesia is considered the oldest university in Indonesia.
- Other notable universities include the Bandung Institute of Technology, Gadjah Mada University, Bogor Agricultural University, Airlangga University, Diponegoro University, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology, University of Brawijaya, and the Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta.
Quick Facts about Indonesia
- Indonesia occupies a vast land area of about 5,120 kilometers.
- Indonesia is a large archipelago made up of 18,307 islands.
- It is also one of the 17 megadiverse countries in the world. It boasts a vast number of different species you can’t find anywhere else in the world.
- The Komodo dragon, the world’s largest lizard, lives in Indonesia. It can be found in Komodo, Rinca, Padar., Flores, and Gili Motang.
- The National Museum of Natural History’s Global Volcanism Program states that Indonesia has the third most volcanoes in the world housing 139 volcanoes. The US & Russia top the countries where there are plenty of volcanoes.
- In Indonesia, there are 8 World Heritage Sites including the Komodo National Park, Sumatra rainforests, ad Borobudur, a temple complex.
- Indonesian men are the shortest in the world in terms of average height. An average adult male in Indonesia is about 1.58m tall.
- A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Lorentz National Park covers around 9,674 square miles.
- The largest flower species in the world, the Rafflesia arnoldi, can be found in Sumatra.
- Indonesia has the largest coastlines coming in at 2nd rank, with 54,716 km coastline.
- Indonesia is considered the fourth most populous country in the world and the largest Muslim population.
- The most popular city on Instagram is Jakarta, which is often geotagged in Instagram stories compared to other cities.
Below is a comprehensive list of all universities in Indonesia (Aceh, Banda Aceh, Lhokseumawe, Langsa, Subulussalam, Sabang, Bali, Denpasar, Bangka Belitung, Pangkal Pinang, Banten, Tangerang, South Tangerang, Serang, Cilegon, Bengkulu, Central Java, Semarang, Surakarta, Pekalongan, Tegal, Salatiga, Magelang, Central Kalimantan, Palangka Raya, Central Sulawesi, Palu, East Java, Surabaya, Malang, Kediri, Probolinggo, Pasuruan, Madiun, Batu, Blitar, Mojokerto, East Kalimantan, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Bontang, East Nusa Tenggara, Kupang, Gorontalo, Jambi, Sungai Penuh, Kepulauan Riau, Batam, Tanjung Pinang, Lampung, Bandar Lampung, Metro, Maluku, Ambon, Tual, North Kalimantan, Tarakan, North Maluku, Ternate, Tidore, North Sulawesi, Manado, Bitung, Kotamobagu, Tomohon, North Sumatra, Medan, Pematangsiantar, Binjai, Padang Sidempuan, Tebing, Tinggi, Tanjungbalai, Gunungsitoli, Sibolga, Papua, Jayapura, Papua Barat, Sorong, Riau, Pekanbaru, Dumai, South Kalimantan, Banjarmasin, Banjarbaru, South Sulawesi, Makassar, Palopo, Parepare, South Sumatra, Palembang, Lubuklinggau, Prabumulih, Pagar Alam, Southeast Sulawesi, Kendari, Baubau, Special Capital Region of Jakarta, East Jakarta, West Jakarta, South Jakarta, North Jakarta, Central Jakarta, Yogyakarta, West Java, Bekasi, Bandung, Depok, Bogor, Tasikmalaya, Cimahi, Sukabumi, Cirebon, Banjar, West Kalimantan, Pontianak, Singkawang, West Nusa, Tenggara, Mataram, Bima, West Sumatra, Padang, Payakumbuh, Bukittinggi, Pariaman, Solok, Sawahlunto, Padang Panjang). Edarabia strives to offer the latest updates, helping you find the best university in Indonesia with information on tuition fees, accreditation details, videos, photos, location map, community reviews and ratings.
For more details, please click